To be the ultimate source of funding for sustainable development of tourism industry in Kenya
- Tourism Fund is a body corporate established under the Tourism Act, 2011 which came into operation on 1st September, 2012 vide special issue Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 93 of 24th August, 2012.
- The Fund is the legal successor to Catering and Tourism Development Levy Trustees.
- Catering and Tourism Development Levy Trustees has been in existence since 1972 and operated under the umbrella of the Hotel and Restaurant Act, Cap 494, Laws of Kenya. The Act was repealed when the Tourism Act came into effect.
To diversify the resource base for financing development of a sustainable tourism industry through innovation, service excellence and stakeholders engagement
Mobilize resources to finance the development of a sustainable tourism industry in Kenya
The Tourism Fund shall be guided by the following core values in all its operations:
- Team Work: To create one family focused to deliver
- Customer Focus: To meet and surpass expectations of all our customers
- Integrity: To uphold good conduct and ethics in all our operations
- Accountability: To be transparent and socially responsible
- Professionalism:Committed to excellence through continuous improvement
- Innovation: To promote and reward creativity and embrace best practices service delivery
- Equity: To be committed to fairness in all undertakings.