Corporation Secretary and Legal Services Department
- Providing Legal counsel to both the Board. This includes Advising on new rules/laws/regulations that may affect the operations of the Organization;
- Ensuring compliance in the Implementation of the constitution and the TF Act and other relevant laws;
- Carrying out Legal audits to ensure statutory compliance;
- Developing and implementation of divisional targets and work plans;
- Interfacing with all the departments within the Fund;
- Developing and negotiating of partnership instruments between TF and other partners e.g. the county Governments;
- Developing and implementing of the Code of Ethics for the Board;
- Undertaking Secretarial services to the Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of Governance structures in the organization;
- Liaising with the Chief Executive Officer in preparing of Board papers and undertaking minutes during Board meetings;
- Ensuring proper communication and implementation of Board resolutions by Management;
- Ensuring the Board is on course in providing the required strategic leadership in order to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Custodian of important Company documents, the Company seal and register;
- Developing and implementing of the Board manual, Terms of Reference and the
- Code of Ethics for both the Board of Directors and Board Committees;
- Developing and implementing of an annual Board Schedule;
- Keeping the Board informed of all new developments;
- Undertaking annual Board evaluation;
- Developing and in the implementing Governance structures within the Fund. This includes the Board manual, board charter and code of ethics for both the staff and the Board of Directors.